disabled access & facilities
It’s really important to us that everybody enjoys Bristol Volksfest and we do as much as we can to assist our disabled visitors. In previous years we have been blessed with lots of hard standing, concrete areas but it’s important to consider that the new venue is on a green field farm site. Although the ground is very flat and solid, there are no hard standing areas or concrete pathways. The event is situated in open grass fields with a few lumps and bumps with some uneven surfaces that could make it tricky to get about.
There is a designated disabled parking area at the front of the main car park. Please follow signs for ‘Day Visitors’ when approaching the site. This is the closest place to park to the main show site and is right next to the entrance to the show arena. To park in the disabled parking area, visitors must present a legitimate disabled parking permit in the window of their vehicle. Spaces cannot be pre booked and are allocated on a first come first served basis.
There are disabled toilets situated around the show site including in both ends of the trade arena and the campsites. These facilities are for the use of disabled visitors only. If you can’t locate them, please ask one of our friendly staff and they will be able to direct you straight to one.
There is also a designated disabled shower on site, situated with the main showers.
Assistance dogs are welcome:
All Assistance / Guide dogs are welcome at Bristol Volksfest.
We do offer a number of disabled camping pitches. Visitors must present a legitimate disabled parking permit in the window of their vehicle.
Disabled camping pitches must be booked in advance. To reserve your space please contact us via email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Free Access for Carers:
All disabled customers visiting Bristol Volksfest are entitled to bring one carer free of charge. This must be organised prior to the event, as all carers require a ticket to gain entry.
To book a free carer ticket please purchase your ticket to the event first and then send proof of disability to email@example.com
When requesting a free carer ticket please make sure you include your Full Name, the email address you used to book your tickets with and the booking reference number.
· Customers requesting free carer tickets are required to provide an original copy of any of the following:
· Confirmation of the middle or higher rate of disability living allowance
· Confirmation of the middle or higher rate of mobility allowance
· Confirmation of the middle or higher rate of attendance allowance
· Confirmation of the middle or higher rate of severe disablement allowance
· Confirmation that you are in receipt of the standard or advance rate of Personal independence payment (PIP)
· Certification of being registered blind or partially sighted
· A personal letter of support from your hospital specialist (dated within the last two months)
The Organisers reserve the right to check a person's eligibility under the Disability Discrimination Act (DDA).
Should you have any queries regarding the access and facilities at the event, please feel free to email us firstname.lastname@example.org